Sunday, February 04, 2007

Whitefish Winter Carnival Parade


Lilly: Puff, Pooh and Minnie... did you cats see me in the parade yesterday? I was the star, mom told me so!

Pooh: What parade? I must have been sleeping. There was a parade? Why didn't someone wake me?

Lilly: Yesterday, they held the annual Whitefish Winter Carnival and they had a huge parade, and I walked with about 12 other dogs from the Northwest Montana Humane Society. We were awesome - we were the hit of the parade! Mom told me that was true.

Puff: Yeah well, mom isn't one to always tell the truth when she's talking about you, Lilly. I mean after all, she does call you "Puppy Love". What could be further from the truth?

Lilly: Hey, this was a big deal, they've been holding this parade for 48 years. This year I was the star. One short human called out... "Hey look a Polar bear"!

Pooh: Well, too bad hunting season is over, you'd look good hanging on somebodies wall.

Lilly: Pooh, they stuff cats too, ya know! And besides, no one would shoot "Puppy Love".

Minnie: I would, will you show me how?
Lilly: You ladies are so "catty". Go back to sleep! That's what you do best anyhow.

No comments: