Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mouse nightmares

Ever wonder what keeps mice awake at night?

I do!

Hi, I'm Minnie (the mouser) - as my dad likes to call me. I alone am responsible for clearing the prairie dogs from our five acre home site. When my family first moved in, they didn't see a prairie dog that first summer because the previous owner had a cat. The next summer mom and dad saw a few of those rodents and thought they were cute. Right.

By the third summer, prairie dogs were hanging out at every tree, why there must have been a hundred of them. Then I showed up, and I can't remember ever having so much fun. Some of those dogs were as tall as me, but they never stood a chance. Yup, I put on a lot of weight that year.

Today I have to work harder to amuse myself since the prairie dog population has dwindled so. These days all I can find are mice. Don't let anyone fool you, a mouse is not as tasty as a prairie dog and they don't hang around chatting like those talking rodents.


If you were a mouse, I would imagine that this picture is the stuff that nightmares are made of. I brought this mouse up to the door so dad could see me having fun and he snapped a couple pictures to remind me of my summer vacation. I do know how to have fun!

PS: If you want to see more of me, come visit me at my "Cat House"!

PPS: Maybe later dad will tell the story of my big sister, Lilly Belle who tangled with a skunk. The skunk suffered the same fate as this mouse... but IMHO, Lilly was the big loser. Wow, did she ever stink!

No comments: